I would like to offer a personal and heartfelt thank you to the patrons of Steves and The Local for their support over the past couple of years. It has been a challenging period for everyone in WA with every industry and household being impacted by uncertainty and navigating an ever changing landscape, so I thank you for choosing to spend your valuable time and hard earned resources with us.
As with most industries, hospitality has been hit hard by the pandemic. Due to travel and border restrictions, there has been a significant shortage of skilled hospitality staff to service the demand of the Perth market. We, alongside all WA hospitality operators, have been forced to roll up our sleeves and push hard to meet the high expectations we have set for ourselves. We have had to get creative and seek out new and youthful staff to fill the gaps, while maintaining a safe environment for our guests to enjoy.
From Monday 31st January, in keeping with the WA government’s public health directions, all guests, patrons and staff are required to show proof of double vaccination or show proof of exemption, to have a drink, dine in or work at Steves Bar & Café and The Local on Waratah.
The easiest ways to do this will be to show our staff your Digital Vaccination Certificate through either the ServiceWA app after you have checked-in or through the Express plus Medicare app. Any other method, including a printed copy, will need to be presented with an approved form of ID.
More information on how to get or show your Proof of Vaccination can be found here.
We will be implementing some new procedures in order to comply with these directions, that will hopefully make your experience at our venues as uninterrupted as possible.
- To Dine In:
- At The Local on Waratah, our friendly staff will ask to see your Proof of Vaccination and Check In on entry and prior to you sitting at your table.
- At Steves, you will be asked to show your Proof of Vaccination either on entry, when you place an order at the bar or before placing an order at your table. Our staff will then give you a coloured wristband to wear, so that you can enjoy the rest of your time at Steves hassle free. If you would prefer not to wear a wristband, that’s no problem, but you may be asked to show your proof multiple times during your visit by different staff members.
- Proof of Vaccination is not required for food or coffee takeaway services.
- If you are ordering or picking up a takeaway coffee or pizza from The Local, we ask that you kindly do this from our takeaway window. We strongly encourage you to order online, but if ordering over the phone we will be requiring a credit card payment prior to confirming your order.
- To pick up your Steves lunch or dinner takeaway, head to the Winestore bar through the side entrance on The Avenue at our new Pick-Up point. We will now only be taking Steves takeaway orders online.
These new procedures are in addition to the health and safety measures that both venues already have in place to ensure a minimised-risk experience for you. This includes frequent sanitisation of all contact areas and materials and high levels of hygiene precautions for all staff members including frequent hand sanitising and compulsory isolation periods if they are unwell or are considered a close or casual contact. Face masks will still be required to be worn by all staff and patrons unless stationary and enjoying a meal or a drink.
The mission of our entire team is to provide you with the highest possible level of service, safely, efficiently and to the best of our ability. I appreciate that at times, our procedures may seem tedious, so please show kindness and understanding to our team and do not hesitate to contact me directly with any queries or concerns.
I thank you again for all of your support and look forward to serving you in the year ahead.
Group General Manager